Friday, May 20, 2011

AMITY CALAMITY? - Week Two of the DIVERGENT FACTION CHALLENGE

AMITY was NOT a CALAMITY!  My AMITY week was successful in many ways. 

1.  I didn't anger/alienate/enrage/or otherwise terrorize any of my coworkers. 

Happy co-worker Dan can attest to that.

2.  My husband, who I refer to using many different names--Hot Air Blair, Dr. InvinciBlair, and several other NSFW names at times--has been hobbling around all week with a swollen knee.  I've been the ULTRA wife to him.  Getting him ice packs (okay, bags of frozen peas), serving him his dinner, all kinds of '50's wife things that I never did before.  Plus!  I haven't called him any names this week! (out loud)


WHOA there June! This week has made me want to bust a cap in someone too. 

3.  Instead of repeating myself over and over and over and over in the morning and at night for my son to get dressed, brush his teeth, comb his hair, in ever increasing decibels until every kid in the neighborhood can hear me (and has dressed, brushed and combed before my kid), I've turned it into a game.  I've played Simon says in the morning to make getting ready for school fun, and turned brushing teeth into a race against the clock.  My kid is now down to 10 second tooth brushing.  Yeah, I know, that's probably not a good thing, but hey - he's brushing!


See! Look how good he does! (This is NOT my son's mouth.)

I haven't worn red or yellow this week...unless you count the pizza sauce I got on my shirt Wednesday. 

Overall - Amity success!

8 comments:

Kaitlin Ward said...

Wow you were MILES more successful at this than I was LOL.

Debra D. said...

*bows to Jamie's amity prowess*

Sounds like you had a pretty good week! (love how you clarified that you didn't call your hubby any names OUT LOUD) :D

Lora Palmer said...

Congrats on having such a successful Amity week!

Anonymous said...

You are the Queen of Amityville.

Unknown said...

Pizza sauce totally counts. I love the idea of turning theroutine into a game!!

ANd taking care of hobbled hubby is so sweet. You're earning back this Amity experience in karma for sure.

Kathleen Peacock said...

So that's what Dan looks like. Such a pity he's married.

Wait--there was Amity stuff, too?

Anonymous said...

Well done you! (And of course props for the "Amity calamity" rhyme...I loves me a good rhyme...)

Deb said...

This is my first time hearing about amity week! It's very entertaining reading about your experiences with it (love the tooth picture especially), but I don't imagine it being quite so entertaining to do. *cough* Props to you! :)