Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tell Us Your Inspiration and Win an After-Christmas Survival Pack Worth $40!

We all know that this is the time of the year to be thankful. I am thankful for my imagination, I’ll tell you that. I’m thankful for my characters who help give me insight to the world in ways I had never thought about until I had created them.

And I am thankful for J.R.R. Tolkien.

Why Tolkien, you ask?

Well, I have always loved to write, but The Lord of the Rings movies came out when I was in junior high, giving me beautiful insight to the visual world of fantasy, and so much inspiration to create my own world, ensemble cast, and a way to channel my insight of morality.

So here’s where you come in.

Which books or movies gave you the inspiration for your SNI or WIP? Which authors are you thankful for this holiday season for their inspiring world, characters, or outlook on humanity? Why?

Post a blog about this in your own personal or group blog, link the OPWFT blog page, and then link your post in the comment portion of this page to recieve:

AN AFTER-CHRISTMAS SURVIVAL KIT!

We all need a little extra boost to survive the tedious task of cleaning up after Christmas, or perhaps a little rush to get us started on the after-Christmas writing. Tell us about your inspiration and you can receive:

1 lb of whole bean Starbucks Christmas blend

1 12-pack of VIA Columbia Roast for those days when you don’t have the time or energy to brew coffee.

1 $10 Bone China Coffee Mug

AND

A paperback copy of Tamora Pierce’s Wild Magic, a book that was the inspiration for many YA writers!

A $40 Value!


Original post published on Old People Writing for Teens by GotYA contributor Sarah. To view the original post and reader comments, please click here.

No comments: