Friday, December 18, 2009

A Mixture of Old and New

(Please note that this contest is closed.)

Yep, that's right. I'm taking you back to the stuff we grew up reading. The stories I couldn't keep my hands off of.

These books are the reason why I write today. I couldn't tell you how many times I read Gallow's Hill in high school. I'm pretty sure my school librarian thought I'd steal it one day.

And Blood and Chocolate? Definitely an inspiration for my werewolf novel now. Ms. Klause knew how to write werewolves. Loved her other books too.

I'm choosing three winners. First place gets Shiver and Blood and Chocolate.



Second place gets Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief and Gallow's Hill.



Third place winner will receive R. L. Stine's Collector's Edition of Goodnight Kiss 1 and Goodnight Kiss 2.

So, my friends, my contest to you is a mixture of old and new. I know we all like to be in the know with the latest YA craze in books, but let's not forget the ones that started it all.

To enter: leave a comment about your favorite YA book growing up. Contest ends December 31st.

P.S. - Thanks to all who stopped by my blog to vote for this contest. :)


Original post published on Old People Writing for Teens by former OPWFT contributor Becca. To view the original post and reader comments, please click here.

No comments: