Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bella, Edward and Katniss Give Thanks

In honor of Thanksgiving weekend, we decided to give thanks…with a twist. Instead of telling you what we’re thankful for, we wanted to keep it YA related. And creative. And kinda goofy.

So instead of listening to us tell you how we’re thankful for our readers (though we really, really are), our health (because hey, everyone needs that) and the fact that one of us just found her $5 off at Target coupon that had been missing for awhile (it’s the little things, people!), we’re going to tell you about the touching "thanks" speeches we think some memorable YA characters would have uttered over the holiday. If they were, uh, real.

Edward: I’m glad Stephenie finally let me get some action. I was trying to play it cool and all, but being a 109-yr-old virgin? Yeah, it totally sucked.

Bella: I’m thankful S.M. turned me into a vampire. I thought Edward was never going to give it up, the big prude. Plus, I no longer sleep, which is cool because that whole watching me thing was starting to freak me out. I mean, what if I snored or something and scared him away? Also, majorly thankful for the sparklez. Duh.

Jacob: I’m thankful Renesmee is gonna grow up super fast. Girlfriends still in diapers are crazy expensive! Also? So glad Edward and Bella didn’t name me.

Katniss: Real or not real: Thanksgiving is an archaic tradition perpetuated by the government to lull us into a false sense of security. I refuse to take part in it. Besides, I’m afraid if I say I’m thankful for something, someone will snatch it away and beat it to death with a muttation.

However, I will say that having Peeta around doesn’t suck.

Peeta: I’m so, so thankful for Katniss, even though, if I’d realized sooner that I could risk my life for her time and time again and she’d still remain emotionally stunted, I might have just kept the damn bread.

Hope you all had a happy, happy Thanksgiving weekend! We’d love for you to leave a comment and tell us: what do you think YOUR favorite YA character is thankful for?


10 comments:

Leah said...

ROFL @ Peeta's!
I am thankful that the water I snorted while reading that one didn't land on my computer.

NiaRaie said...

Freaking hilarious

J.S. Wood said...

Awesome!! Love Katniss'

Melanie said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA on the Katniss and Peeta ones! I'm still laughing!

Brandi Bain said...

Oh my! hahahaha! I'm still laughing over Peeta saying he would have just kept the bread!! Thanks for sharing!

Janine said...

Oh my, loved this!

Unknown said...

This made me laugh. A lot.

Lisa Galek said...

This is perfect! I love Katniss :)

Hannah said...

Ahahahah, Peeta! Brilliant.

Erin said...

Oh, this made me laugh! Great job on all 4!