Friday, September 17, 2010

Flashback Fridays: Um, Yeah......

'Create
Welcome to Week Twenty of Flashback Fridays where the old and new collide on everything from books to movies to first loves to favorite vacations. This week we're....uh, yeah, we're uh,....CRAP!!!!!

Yeah, so explaining about being once again postless makes me feel like the scene in Blues Brothers when Jake is aruging about why he didn't call his ex-fiancee. He says, "I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT!"


I could ramble about having the cold from hell, 130 essays to grade, a word count deadline from my agent, a massive Southern cooking overload on Sunday....you know, EPIC excuses. So, I'll just shut up and leave you with some Flashback Friday RANDOMNESS!!!







Can we just say how much I LOVED the game Clue growing up? I also watched the movie with Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, and Martin Mull probably 9million times! It's epic!!








Who doesn't love an allusion to West Side Story? And srsly, doesn't YA literature need more epic dance scenes?












Couldn't resist some Twilight fun!!!






























NEXT WEEK: Ron Burgundy from Anchorman spouts wisdom on the writing game!!!

6 comments:

Stina said...

*wipes spewed milk from computer screen* My favorites have to be the soccer one, Mr. Fluffy, and the snapping thumbs. :D

Good luck, Krista, with the word count and grading all those papers.

Erinn said...

I liked the soccer Twilight tweet. I had a little fun with Twilight over on my blog this week. If I was Bella, how would I react to Edward vampire confession scene.

http://somethingelsetodistractme.blogspot.com/2010/09/if-i-was-bella-twilight-retelling.html

Tere Kirkland said...

LOL, Hulk, you're saying what we;re all thinking!

The soccer one was good, too.

Jennifer Walkup said...

This seriously made me LOL!

Heather Dougherty said...

I loved Clue. So much.

Hmath said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

That soccer comment was hilarious.