Monday, April 5, 2010

Teen Sitcoms, Do They Inspire You?

Okay, so like most people I have my DVR set to record my favorite shows, and I’m guilty of being a gigantic fan of teen dramas. Shows like Friday Night Lights, Secret Life of the American Teenager, and Glee are extremely hot right now and sometimes push the limits of teen culture. A lot teenage driven drama has gotten more real, showing just how edgy stories involving young adults can be.



Just like television shows, young adult novels have gotten edgy and are drawing more and more adult fans, like me. I watch these shows and find myself hooked in, and like most people, compare them to my own angsty teen years. Sometimes when I’m watching these shows I find the little wheels in my brain turning with inspiration for my own writing. I will confess after watching Veronica Mars I created an out-casted, snarky character and pretty much wrote the entire manuscript in about a month, which is unheard of for me.


So my question to you is, what teen shows inspire your young adult writing?


Happy Writing,
Annie

1 comment:

Bidisha said...

Yup, The OC and 90210 inspired me so much. Blame it on all that drama.

I heart drama! <33