Monday, January 18, 2010

Hot Boys of The Literary World

Some men of literature we love, we hate, or find our self torn about. But no matter what, they bring out strong emotions in the female reader. Which brings me to my main question: What makes you swoon? Is it the way he looks, or how he treats the female love intrest? Like all women I find different traits attractive in a man, but I think we all like the unattainable guy that only shows his softer side to the girl he loves.

In the upcoming year or two, so many of our favorite boys will be coming to the big screen for movie adaptations, which excites me and frightens me at the same time because sometimes Hollywood nails it and sometimes they don’t. When I read a novel I picture the character vividly in my mind based on the writers description, and I hate when my dream gets shot down by a fugly boy.

So let me ask you this, as a writer, how do you develop your male character? Do you simply create a man that you’d fall head over heels for, or do you ask around, find out what’s hot?

There are so many hotties in the literary world. Who’s your favorite?

Original post published on Old People Writing for Teens by GotYA contributor Annie McElfresh. To view the original post and reader comments, please click here.

No comments: