Friday, June 10, 2011

DIVERGENT FACTION OF THE WEEK - DAUNTLESS

The Dauntless do crazy things like jumping off trains.  Because that's a good idea I guess.

Despite the fact that the official Facebook app that puts you in your house/clan...FACTION (there's the word I'm looking for - it's Friday...) says I'm DAUNTLESS, there's no way I would ever in a million years jump off a train for any reason at all.  That train stops somewhere and that's when my rear is getting off.  On the ground.

See, I'm deathly afraid of heights.  This week was the perfect week for the DAUNTLESS challenge because over the weekend I went to Cedar Point (amusement park).  I was going to be all DAUNTLESS and ride a roller coaster that I had never ridden before due to my fear of heights.  I've been on the tamest of the tame, but I was ready to go just for regular tame.  My daughter, however, had other ideas.  Like me, she's not dauntless and I stayed with my feet planted solidly on the ground next to hers while my husband and son rode the coasters. 

My seven-year-old son is DAUNTLESS though.  He had no qualms about riding the big boys - any he was tall enough to get on.  The biggest so far was the Magnum XL 200.  Here it is for your DAUNTLESS viewing pleasure:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I got motion sickness just watching that. WOW.

Dauntless was a little hard to put into action in real life, because we so rarely get the chance to zip line or jump off trains or beat people up! (And that's okay, really.) And I don't blame you for sticking by your daughter, especially given that video... *turns green*

Theresa Milstein said...

Ha! I got Dauntless too, and I'm afraid of heights! I'm sure I'd be erudite, but I don't think there was a question that would get that answer.

Kaitlin Ward said...

I feel like this week, what I should have done was jump out the window of my (third story) apartment into the nearby tree.

I didn't, though. I like having unbroken bones.

Debra D. said...

EEEK--scary roller coaster! I ride them but after the kiddage, they make me a little motion sick.

I would LOVE to zip line across the Amazon or something though, even though I'm not a huge fan of heights.