Saturday, January 8, 2011

Book Review: Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on… but are some questions better left unanswered?




Are you longing for a good mystery wrapped up in heart wrenching emotion with a main character you want to reach out and hug and a couple of hot guys? 

Of course you are!

You need to read Fall For Anything, Courtney Summer's new release as soon as possible!

After Some Girls Are, I was itching for another Courtney Summer's book.  Fall For Anything proves once again that Summers is a shining star in the contemporary YA genre.  It's gripping, emotional and just like Courtney's past two books, Cracked Up To Be and Some Girls Are, it sticks with you after the last page. 

I will admit, the back cover blurb did me no favors because it made me distrust of one of the characters before he was ever introduced.  BUT, it didn't take away from the plot, the fabulous writing that is trademark Summer's style, and how I felt about the story in the end. 

Eddie is different from Parker and Regina, Summer's past two main characters.  She's broken, vulnerable and desperate for answers to why her dad committed suicide.  But don't let her vulnerability fool you, she's no weak character hiding under her covers crying.  Eddie searches doggedly for the reason her dad would take his life, to the point of putting her trust and faith into someone she shouldn't. 

Milo is more than a best friend, and he's as dedicated to putting her back together as she is to figuring out what happened the night her father died.  Every girl needs a Milo in her life. 

Possibly my favorite book of Summer's three - but that's a difficult distinction to make because Some Girls Are has been on my overall YA favorites list since the week it released... we'll call it a tie! 

More than worth the read!  Highly suggested by this GotYA member.

6 comments:

Susanne Winnacker said...

Fall for Anything is on my to-read list. I love the cover!

Katie Ashley said...

Mine too! I can't wait to read this one. I really loved Some Girls Are, but I think this book is really going to be different. BUT, a GOOD different!!

Jill Hathaway said...

LOVED this book! And the more I think about it, the more I think Courtney Summers is a genius.

Erin said...

I can't wait to read this one! Thanks for sharing your review!

Anonymous said...

I've been hearing good things about Fall For Anything. It's on my radar. I hope to read it this year.

Debra D. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Courtney Summers---she just grabs you by the gut and runs with it! :D I bought this book, just need to grab a moment to read it! Thanks for the review!