Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cover Love!

It's time for cover love!

Let's start with Unearthly by Cynthia Hand




(US, UK, Australia)


(Portuguese, Croatian)

I think Cynthia Hand really won the cover lottery. All the covers are beautiful. But I think my favorite is the UK version. I find it interesting that the Croatian publisher added wings to the US version. Maybe they wanted to show the reader what the book's about?


Next: Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce


(US, German)

Both publishers us the red/black color scheme. What I really love about the German version is how creepy it is!






(US, French, Spanish)


(UK, German)

Most foreign publishers used some variation of the US cover, sometimes using different colors, sometimes different fonts. I like the black of the French version better than the light blue of the US version. It's more eyecatching. I'm not so cure about the "face-covers", especially the UK girl looks very young.


What are your favorites?

1 comment:

Lisa_Gibson said...

I like the US covers with the exception of Delirium, I like the french cover for it. Thanks for sharing these.
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover