Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Resolutions

(Photo by Leah Clement)

After a very, VERY wet year, spring is finally here in Northern California.

Don't get me wrong, I love winter, but I'm all for season change. There's something about it that's really inspirational. I thought of a shiny new idea last spring, an idea that, under my other WIPs, kind of got lost and buried somewhere in the back of my head and forgotten. But now that spring is back, it's like the idea has suddenly come up from the grave. I'm excited about it again, and it's wonderful!

Since I commute, I also have to drive a lot. Usually it's a pain, but with the new season, I'm offered one hour of beautiful scenery every time I make my way to school.







So with new weather comes new ideas, new urges to listen to certain types of music (Reggae at the beach! Holla!) and watch your favorite warm weather movies!

So here's the deal! I want to compile a list of your-- that's right, YOUR--current favorite spring and summer music, movies, tv shows, whatever, gather all the data, and use it for a super Saturday post! Us here and GotYA wanna know what makes your spring sensational. Not only that, but we also wanna know some typical themes that run throughout your spring/summer WIPs. I know that a major one for me is prom, especially seeing high schoolers come into my work looking fab during March, April, and May!

So recap. Shout out your favorite Spring and Summer:
Movies
Music
TV Shows
Places to go
Things to see
Books to read
WHATEVER!
... and, your warm weather WIP themes!

What are you waiting for? Leave them in a comment! On Saturday, I'll compile them in an epic blog post to see how we're similar and how we differ in taste when it comes to what inspires us during the warmer seasons.

9 comments:

Debra Driza said...

Ohh, I love reggae music in the summer, too--it makes me think of the beach. Ditto hip hop/dance music.

Love strawberry margaritas and chips and salsa in the summer.

Love teen movies in the summer.

The beach is my favorite place to go in the summer (hey, I'm from Cali, what else could I say?) Second choice--a sunny patio (from which to drink my margaritas and eat my chips)

:D

Sarah said...

Oooh Margaritas. I should come down to SD and visit! ;)

Holen said...

My garden in the spring - not so much in the summer because I always forget to water it and it dies.

Summer: Independence Day (the holiday, though I watch the movie annually as well) I totally cry during fireworks.

Celise said...

The music I listen to never changes with the seasons, it's year round. I have an iPod that I keep on Shuffle, and it's a mash of alternative (Linkin Park, Shinedown, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, etc), R&B (Robin Thicke, Pink, Gavin DeGraw, Justin Timberlake, LFO, N'SYNC, Jordan Knight, etc) and some soundtracks (Glee, High School Musical--all 3, Hairspray, Transformers, Queen of the Damned, Daredevil, etc). I love going to the movies. Like Debra, I'll go see the teen movies.

As for stuff to do, we have 3 water parks here in the Valley of the Sun. Those are the "hot" spots. So to speak. LOL

Amy Lukavics said...

I second Debra with the strawberry margaritas. Also, I love being barefoot in the grass and the summer rains.

Celise said...

Oh! And you mentioned T.V. Shows. All I have to say is, thank God for DVR

Shows we watch together:
Chuck
Trauma
Fringe
The Mentalist
Human Target
Bones
Glee
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
Nurse Jackie
TrueBlood
Hung
Entourage
Weeds
Spartacus
Blue Mountain State

Shows I watch by myself:
Leverage
Smallville
Heroes
Platinum Weddings

Shows the hubby watches by himself:
Lost
24
The Family Guy
American Dad
The Cleveland Show
WWE NXT
Anything MMA (mixed martial arts)

Krista Ashe said...

Great post, Sarah! I'm soooo ready for summer!! Love that there's no school, I can stay up outrageously late, and then write and read to my little heart's content!

I love steel drums in the summer times. I think about Kenny Chesney's "When the Sun Goes Down"

I agree with Deb on how much better margaritas are during the summer on the patio!!

And I'm totally looking forward to my beach trip!

Jamie B said...

Beer and chips on the patio after dark with the citronella torches lit to keep the bugs away. Yeah, I'm easy to please. LOL

Annie McElfresh said...

Jamie it must be an Ohio Thing!! I like 'drinking' (doesn't matter what as long as you have to be over 21 to buy it) after the sun goes down pool side and riding with the windows down...yep easy to please.

Music---Peppy stuff. Winter time I'm all alt rock 24/7...summer time bring on the pop.